Tuesday, March 22, 2016


Reflections of a former client on what Sheffield Place has meant to her and her family


I was 18 yrs old and in my 8th month of pregnancy and an organization called the Light House referred me to Sheffield Place.

Sheffield Place provided my daughter and me with shelter, counseling, parenting classes, the opportunity to choose a career path and resources to identify the different programs to help single moms get back on our feet.

Sheffield has made a huge difference in my life and that of my daughter. I found piece of mind knowing that there was an organization that help put me on the right path to improving our life to become more self-sufficient as well as confident about myself.

AnnaLisa Knefel (center in photo below) is a dental assistant and a member of the board of directors at Sheffield Place.


If you have reflections on how you have been involved at Sheffield Place, please share them.  Sheffield Place is publishing remembrances during 2016 - the 25th anniversary of the agency.  Email dhanzlick@sheffieldplace.org

No comments:

Post a Comment