Friday, July 22, 2022

Board Member Diane Smith Reflects on Her Service at Sheffield Place

 

I was first introduced to Sheffield Place by a friend who was on the board at the time. Out of respect for our friendship, I decided to go to a luncheon at Sheffield Place and take the tour. 

I never expected to feel so deeply about an organization and its mission as much as I do for Sheffield Place! That day my eyes were opened to a world I have never known.  I felt overwhelmed with the thought of helplessness.

But that day, I also learned how the team at Sheffield Place helps the young mothers and their children by giving them the right tools to work through their trauma and the skills necessary to live a productive and loving life.

Since that first visit, I have joined the Golf Committee and have had the privilege of serving on the Board.  I am committed to spreading the word about Sheffield Place and sharing my experiences with anyone I meet! 

Please take the time to visit Sheffield place and get involved----it’s a life changer for you and those women and children you are helping!

Diane Smith pictured with fellow board member Ben McAnany.

No comments:

Post a Comment