Wednesday, October 26, 2022

 





Board Member Chris Bradley Reflects on the Opportunity to Serve

I am pretty fortunate to have gotten to know some very good people that introduced me to Sheffield Place a couple of years ago which turned into an opportunity to serve on the board.  Being relatively new I gravitated towards an area of comfort and am on the Facilities Committee.  Working in the construction industry allows me to offer my best talents.  I’ve seen such tremendous growth in the living spaces with the remodel of the main facility on 12th Street, renovation of single-family residences and the new complex on Newton Ave.  And now there is potential for even further expansion across the street.  It’s been, and will continue to be, an exciting time and a great opportunity to serve.

Obviously all this is done for the real purpose of Sheffield Place and that is to give the women and families an opportunity to get back on their own.  This is such a unique opportunity because of the openness with which they can start and still allow them to have family members with them.  I remember the first time I visited and went in the basement and saw all the little kids and how so many of them were immediately accepting.  To know that they could be able to stay with their mom was such a great feeling.  These women are already going through so much I can’t imagine how much more difficult it would be not having your children with you or having limited ability to interact with them. 

I am truly thankful my family and my Excel Constructors family can be a part of such a great organization.  Hats off to a tremendously talented and hardworking staff.  We all know not everyone that enters the program is successful but just think about how much better the world is for those that are!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment