Wednesday, October 26, 2022

 



Board Member Kenny Yeung Describes His Involvement with Sheffield Place

I was first introduced to Sheffield Place by a friend who was on the Board at the time. I attended a luncheon, house tours, and fundraisers (golf tournament and Off The Wall), which provided me opportunities to witness the impact of Sheffield Place.  

Each event had testimonies from clients of Sheffield and all their stories had a common thread: They were stories of resilience, redemption and new beginnings! Sheffield Place provided these ladies and their families a space – both literally and figuratively – to reflect, heal, and holistically support their desire to turnaround their lives, and consequently, that of their children/families. My personal life, though not as traumatic as these ladies, is a story of redemption.  We all have a redemptive story to varying degrees, so I was sold – and who wouldn’t be?! 

I decided to join Sheffield and support its mission both with my talents and finances.  Each time I have had the opportunity to attend events (or even Board meetings), it reinforces why I joined three-plus years ago: (1) it’s an opportunity to serve and give-back out of personal gratitude, (2) impact and love on my “neighbors” and share in their sorrows, joys and success; and (3) set an example for my children and open our eyes to our neighbors’ struggles while instilling the values of service and giving back to the community. Well, selfish as it sounds, I get way more out of Sheffield Place than what I’ve put in!

I invite you to come and check out Sheffield Place like I did – but, I’ll warn you: You’ll get attached and want to get involved!  

 Join us…and an early “welcome” to Sheffield Place!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment